Monday, October 31, 2016

Life Update #5 // In Which I Can't Focus Because NaNoWriMo is Tomorrow


Well, my coffee beans, I’m going to keep this update short, because I am far too excited about NaNoWriMo to talk about my life. 

In case you hadn’t noticed, people, we have only one more sleep until NaNoWriMo! *flails* 



Life News


Aside from anxiety, work has been going well. I enjoy cleaning my church, and I enjoy earning money and buying books. This makes for a great arrangement. 

I’m sure other interesting things have happened in my life over the past few months, but why talk about the past when we could talk about how NaNoWriMo starts tomorrow? *flings confetti* If you missed my NaNo Prep posts, you can find them here, here, and here


Writing News


At long last, I finished a draft of DRACONIAN and managed to take a brief writing vacation, which turned out to be less restful than I had hoped. However, I believe I am on track to finish DRACONIAN by the end of January or I will run my Mac through the shredder. In the meantime, I am really looking forward to NaNoWriMo, because I can cheat on DRACONIAN with multiple other books and get a palate cleanse of sorts. 

Ahem. 

I also started a spreadsheet with all my bookish projects on it, including unwritten book ideas, and set tentative deadlines for several novels. After NaNoWriMo, I will be sure to give you a more solid idea of what I plan to work on next writing year (because, for me, NaNoWriMo ushers in the writing new year). 


Blogging News


I wrote and edited all my blog posts through to the end of November, so I won’t have to worry about blogging eating into my word count. *high fives self* Also, I got a few more followers. Welcome! *hands out coffee beans* 

Here were my top five most popular blog posts from September and October: 







Reading News


September was a good reading month. But in October I didn’t feel like listening to audiobooks at work, and I spent extra time editing blog posts and organizing my hard drive in preparation for NaNoWriMo, which left me less time to read. 

Here are my reading stats: 


Number of books read so far this year

166

Number of books read over the past two months

31

Number of books read in September

24

Number of books read in October

7


Bookish Highlights



Bookish Ratings breakdown

Five stars

15


Four stars

8


Three stars

6


Two stars

2


Other stats

Rereads in the past two months

11

Rereads so far this year

33

Now that I’ve got this update out of the way, I can go back to bouncing off the walls in anticipation of NaNoWriMo. 


What about you, my little coffee beans? How have you been over the past two months? Have you read any good books? Are you planning to participate in NaNoWriMo?

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with NaNo. Hope it's as awesome as you hope. And wow, you've read a lot of books this year. Hope your writing goes well this month. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete